Live to Ride

Motorcycle Stuff. Memories & diary of rides in Northern California. Member of CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association), promoting Christian fellowship and safety. My passion for freedom and adventure on two wheels.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crusty the Biker




Sigh.... forty one degrees out and with the cold, damp wind it feels more like thirty one! After all these years Winter still depresses me. I have lived in New England all my life so why am I not used to the onset of Winter by now? I go through this every year too. I get down in the dumps because of the decline in business. I find myself sad more often because Winter riding forces me to stay closer to home base and not explore more then a couple of hours away. I am also effected by Day Light Savings Time. God I hate setting the clocks back an hour. Seeing it getting dark before 5pm actually makes me angry for the first few weeks until I finally accept the fact that I can’t do anything about it.

Tomorrow (Sunday) my plans are to check the weather forecast, and wait until noon time before hoping on the old bike for my Sunday ride. It’s Saturday evening, but I have no idea where I might ride tomorrow. Chances are I won’t know until my front wheel hits the pavement. Even then I might not know and just wonder a bit close to home. One upside to the down turn in the economy around here is that new houses are not being built as fast ( not at all for the most part) so the few undeveloped scraps of land are safe for a while. I enjoy the few country roads left here in the Eastern Massachusetts area.

Labels: ,