Live to Ride

Motorcycle Stuff. Memories & diary of rides in Northern California. Member of CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association), promoting Christian fellowship and safety. My passion for freedom and adventure on two wheels.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Oasis of My Soul



We pretty much made a straight line to Booth, Texas, yesterday. South west of Houston, we have set up camp on Carl’s and Colette’s property. Beautiful area away from the City, it is quiet here, beautiful land, greats hosts, a couple horses and a couple dogs… Carl is a disturbed man, too many bikes in the garage, I told him that they did have counseling available for such cases… Spirit likes it here, off leash he has been running one hundred miles an hour all afternoon… he has been inside the house with us when having dinner and amazed me how well he has minded me. He is so rarely off the leash. The laws will not allow it, Nature will not either with its hidden predators everywhere, mainly leery about hidden snakes most of the time. I dislike leashes, but has become a must quite a while ago. There was no rest for us, well, for me anyhow, we are having a big gathering tomorrow and the food stores where immediately our destination. This one particular store we went in was yet the best I had seen, called "Fiesta"… Like a kid in a candy store, a store catering to mainly the local Hispanic population, I was lost within the unrecognizable produce, all fresh and abundant, displayed throughout. The parking lot even had many vendors, close to starving without breakfast or lunch, walking downwind, the smells of the smoke was as torture for the soul!

Labels: